The Canberra Rabbit Club Inc. (CRCI) was incorporated in July 1996. The idea behind the club was to create a friendly informal avenue for people with an interest in rabbits, both breeders and pet owners alike, to further their knowledge of rabbits and to provide them with the opportunity to show their rabbits on a regular basis. It is affiliated with the British Rabbit Council.
Currently, the CRCI has six rabbit shows a year with categories to cover all breeds of pedigree rabbits which are judged according to the British Rabbit Council Standards. There is also a special pet rabbit section included with each show with such categories as Best Pet Rabbit, Most Talented Rabbit, Rabbit Most Like Owner, Best Fancy Dress and more!
What are the benefits of becoming a member of the CRCI?
The benefits of being a member of the CRCI include:
- Six issues of our informative newsletter, Rabbit Droppings
- Advance notice of rabbit shows
- Reduced entry fees for early in the "rung" rabbit classes at shows
- Friendly and informal meetings a fortnight before each show
- Contact with other people with an interest in rabbits to share ideas with and gain knowledge from, many of whom are very experienced
- The opportunity to show off your rabbits at various displays and exhibitions in the ACT region and to talk to the public about your interest and promote interest in these beautiful animals
If you would like to know more visit one of our shows or contact the club at email@example.com or visit our website at http://www.home.netspeed.com.au/reguli/rabbitclub.htm
A membership form can be printed from here http://www.home.netspeed.com.au/reguli/membership.htm
Committee for 2012/2013
President: Maree Lazarou
Vice-President/Show Secretary: Daniel Duvall
Secretary: Bec Sutton
Treasurer: Nola Faulkner
Ring Registrar: Maree Lazarou
Committee members: Jason Duvall, Kirsty Prince, Christine Toyer